Europe / Middle East / Africa
Dangote's Calabar cement plant takes off July
May, 29 2012
(Nigeria) -- Dangote's six million metric tons cement plant in Calabar, Cross-River State will be ready in the next 60 days.
The plant will commence operations in July, the Chairman, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said. Located strategically, the plant will serve the consumers locally and in Central African countries like Cameroon and Gabon.
Dangote cement plans to expand its production to 60 million metric tons per annum within the next three years.
The company will expand its Ibese plant by another two lines of three million metric ton per anum (mtpa) each. The Ibese plant would be expanded with the addition of 6 million mtpa line 3 and 4 within the next 26 months.
The company will also commission its Obajana Plant line 3 on July 11.
The company will keep aside 55 per cent of its 60 million metric tons for local consumption while the rest 45 per cent will be for export to other sub-Saharan African countries.
"We appreciate our customers and we will always protect their interest. As much as we have the patriotic zeal to ensure our country is self-sufficient in cement production and become exporting nation to help her industry grow, so also we are mindful of the need to have the best quality product", he added.
Dangote has announced a profit of N125 billion and declared a bonus of one for every ten shares held by its investors and endorsed a dividend pay-out of N1.25.
The operating profit of the company rose from N102. 969 billion posted during the same period in 2010 to N117. 332 billion.
By: Rashmi Kalia (ARI-C NEWS)
Cement-makers want green status for power generated through waste-heat recovery. More
Holcim earns P1.43 billion in first quarter.