The candidate will work with the operations director to ensure the areas below are implemented, developed and monitored. Assure Lafarge best practices and programs are implemented. Works closely with the Plant mangers and performance group plus other areas of the organization as required
1. Safety: Promote the Core value of Zero Accidents and Incidents to all operations in the Market Area. Ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the area and sites are compliant at all regulatory and company levels.
2. Environment: Ensure regulations are met or exceeded at all sites in the area by following Lafarge best practices.
3. Operations Management: Drive for operating excellence at all locations within the area
4. Inventory Management: Work with logistics, sales and sites to balance inventory
5. Performance Management: Promote a culture of performance. Ensure that Lafarge Performance Programs are implemented and followed consistently throughout the area.
6. Quality: Understand the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers in production, stockpiling and shipping
7. Planning: Assist in the development of operational budgets, mine plans and action plans to ensure they are closely followed/executed at all sites in the market.
8. Capital: Works with sites and operations director to identify necessary sustaining and development capital according to Lafarge best practices. Manage the preparation and delivery of CERs (Capital Expenditure Requests).
9. Market Area Image: work with sites to assure they focus on housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
§ Reports to the local aggregates Operations director
§ Works closely with local Plant Managers sales, logistics and functional groups
§ Safety & Environment
§ Process improvement/implementation
§ Effective Maintenance
§ Lafarge initiative implementation
§ Action plan development
§ Three year cap ex plan
Education & Work Experience:
§ A Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or Business
§ A minimum of 5 years in aggregate industry
§ Ability to travel 75 nights yearly
Knowledge & Skills:
§ Must be proficient in use of Microsoft applications.
§ Problem solving and analytical skills.
§ Analytical with working knowledge of financial statements/systems plus (E One & GLR)
§ General skills must include strong interpersonal and leadership aptitude as well as good communication skills, both written and verbal.
§ Must be familiar with state and federal mining regulations as well as material specifications.
§ Ability to work with all levels of the workforce ( GM’s – hourly workforce)
§ Ability to translate financial reviews into actions with plants
§ Assist in implementing BU/Corporate initiatives
§ Ability to work with operations to streamline operations
§ Asset review and ability to maximize assets
§ Work with sites to develop actions and track actions to improve results
§ Troubleshoot operations and establish quick hits
§ Mine Plan – understand plan and assure its compliance
§ Plant – operations, maintenance, screening – i.e. cloth selection and screen application, crushing- i.e. liner selection, crusher configuration and selection, stockpiling – impact on quality and truck turn around
§ Mobile – asset utilization with ability to match fleet, monitoring & training
§ Drilling & blasting – impact on production, monitoring, floor, oversize & powder factor
§ Quality – understanding of specification and able to work with plants to maximize yield of critical products
§ Inventory management – stockpiling and balance sales
§ Review top thee down time sites monthly
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
§ Business Acumen
§ Decision Quality
§ Strategic Agility
§ Action Oriented
§ Organizational Agility