Responsible for division procurement services with additional responsibilities in capital and transportation. Ensure the implementation of the corporate purchasing policies and support division operations to reduce cost. Review process changes for the construction, asphalt, and ready mix groups to better serve these business units. Generate purchase orders from requisitions using JD Edwards. Work with corporate procurement team on contracts and insurance for onsite suppliers and capital projects. Track mobile and plant equipment leases. Attend pre-bid meetings, create bid tabulation spreadsheets and assist operations and engineering group with contractor selection. Assist in electrical energy strategy/studies and interruptible programs. Work on setting up national agreements and participate in the supplier savings process initiative. Be involved and participate in the Rocky Mountain Safety groups and meetings. Assist West Group with rail and truck transportation initiatives and opportunities. Assist operations on the capital budgeting process and help manage CER�s through the approval process. Communicate with west group and business unit managers to set goals/objectives, resolve issues, and identify improvement opportunities to add value to the company.
- Bachelor�s degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing/mining or similar business environment
- Strong supervisory and leadership capabilities with a focus on employee development
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid organization and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with JD Edwards a plus
- Some overnight travel