Ensure the organized and efficient operation of all yards in a relief capacity to regular Yard Supervisor / Batchers.
· Ensure Quality Assurance procedures for Innocon are carried out in accordance with Innocon Quality Assurance Manual.
§ Perform plant, field and lab testing as required, & ensures all tests are conducted in accordance with applicable standards
· Investigate and report to QC Manager preliminary product troubleshooting Relief batching of ready-mix concrete at all plants.
· Supervision and direction of yard employees in all aspects of operating the yards.
· Ordering of all raw materials for the production of concrete.
· Ensure accurate batching of concrete from the plant.
· Order and ensure all supplies related to the operation of the yards are available.
· Ensure that all reporting is completed according to required deadlines. (Material receiving logs, C.O.D Procedures, inventory reporting etc.)
· Operate in accordance with Health and Safety policies.
· Ensure daily and monthly plant inspections are carried out
· Ensure plant operation in accordance with established company guidelines, programs and procedures.
· Notify Maintenance Department of plant breakdowns and potential problems.
· Efficient plant and yard operation
· Quality of product from plant
· Customer satisfaction and service as it relates to plant operation
· Daily plant operation and performance
· 9 Plants in the GTA, capacity varies from 50,000 – 250,000 m3
· Premix plants, Dry Batch plants
· Command Batch
· 9 Different plant configurations and operations
· Plant Loader Operators
· 1 Yardman / Loader Operator where required
· On-site aggregate depots at 3 plants
The incumbent should possess good written and verbal communication skills, well developed supervisory and organization skills. Post-secondary education with technical background including concrete technology or a minimum of 5 year’s experience in the industry is preferred.