Build Your Career with the Company
that builds the World!
The Lafarge Group is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in all of its businesses: Cement, Aggregates & Concrete and Gypsum. With 76,000 employees in 78 countries, the Group posted sales of 16.2 billion Euros in 2010. Coupled with a highly diverse work environment that thrives on an open exchange of ideas and experience, Lafarge is indeed an exciting place to build a career. In 2010 and for the sixth year in a row, Lafarge was listed as one of the "Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World".
Lafarge North America, a Lafarge Group company, is the largest diversified supplier of construction materials in the United States and Canada with solid appeal for energetic individuals. Celebrating over 50 years in North America since the first Cement plant opened in British Columbia, we have significantly expanded our products, services and market to approximately 900 sites throughout the U.S. and Canada and employ over 12,000 people.
With the world’s leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity. We are looking for professionals who enjoy the challenge of a dynamic environment which can give the opportunity to drive your career path forward within the corporation. Visit our websites to learn more about the exciting opportunities that await you at Lafarge. Develop and build your career with us today!
M&E Repairman - Qualifications:
A High School diploma or GED is required.
Able to perform physical labor, good communication abilities and perform job requirements and essential functions.
Formal training/certification in equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
Minimum five years of hands on experience working in heavy manufacturing environment including:
Welding and fabrication
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and maintenance manuals. Must be able to interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics. Communicate effectively with fellow workers and supervisors and able to write routine reports and correspondence. Experience in Maximo or other CMMS is desirable.
Minimum score of 65% or greater average on all categories on the NOCTI.
The successful candidate will receive MSHA safety training as required and will enter into Job Specific training as designated by the Maintenance Manager.
Additional training will be provided as appropriate
Description of Duties:
1. Performs work in the areas of mechanical maintenance and/or mobile equipment repair, and/or electrical maintenance.
2. Fabrication, assembly, welding, and cutting using sound maintenance practices designed to maintain high reliability
3. Dismantles, repairs, and reassembles mechanical, mobile, mine, and electrical equipment to minimize downtime
4. Serve as a member of the Continuous Improvement Group to resolve daily maintenance and electrical difficulties
5. Performs proactive/predictive maintenance through the use of advanced tools (thermograph, vibration, ultrasound, oil analysis, etc.)
1. Troubleshoot potential concerns required to achieve and maintain maximum productivity.
2. Report maintenance problems to the appropriate supervisor, coordinator or engineer for action and/or participate in corrective actions if appropriate.
3. Keep up-to-date on all maintenance and safety procedural changes and be instrumental in developing new procedures as required.
4. Make preventive/proactive inspections and document findings as determined by the maintenance coordinator and continuous improvement groups
5. Perform immediate basic repairs to facilitate continuous operation. Provide primary support and leadership in major repairs.
6. Perform necessary tasks to ensure good housekeeping for a safe and efficient operation.
7. Fill out and follow up on work orders and assist when necessary in locating and issuing stores materials.
8. Safely operate mobile equipment as required and perform clean up necessary for a safe and efficient operation.
9. Identify, report and assist in resolution of safety and environmental concerns and work practices that may affect the Health & Safety of employees or other parties.
10. Work with little or no supervision and in harmony with co-workers.
11. Write and/or contribute to daily reports and other reports about special projects or incidents as well as use computers for entering work orders, etc.
12. Perform the duties of crew leader when called upon in accordance with the Union Agreement.
13. Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Work any shifts, including weekends and paid holidays as schedules dictate. May be required to carry a stand-by beeper to quickly respond to emergency call-outs.