The Production Control Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient manufacturing of the Company's cement products. Oversees equipment optimization, utilization and reliability in a safe manner while maintaining environmental compliance, quality and budgeted costs. Fully qualified candidates will rotate between operation of all major pieces of equipment including the quality control laboratory and central control room as well as supervising the daily activities of assigned bargaining unit personnel. This is a progression position that begins as an E11, depending on previous experience, and progresses through E13.
· Oversees consistent production of all cement, clinker and raw mix within established quality guidelines ensuring appropriate actions and communication for any deviations.
· Monitors all plant process systems and related auxiliary equipment from a central location ensuring the safety of all employees and integrity of the company assets.
· Provides field supervision, maintains good labor relations, develops subordinates, and administers prevailing labor agreement.
· Promotes and implements safe working practices and conditions; ensures that safety meetings are held and plant rules are followed.
· Optimizes equipment utilization in cooperation with the process and maintenance department.
· Adheres to documented plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & environmental requirements.
· Operates process, operation and personal computers and software including HMI screens, LUCIE, IP21, Wincem Shell IR Scanner, Smart Advisor, PPW, Downtime Reporting.
· Maintains knowledge of capacity and production rates of all major pieces of equipment.
· Keeps a running log of the shifts activities including equipment down time and reasons, quality information, and a general report of the shift operation.
· Performs field checks, trouble shooting of raw/finish mill/kiln systems in compliance with company quality standards.
· Performs accurate analysis of various materials and reporting results, making necessary adjustments.
· Acts as the Plant Emergency Response Coordinator as well as contact person for emergency response personnel and/or regulatory agency representatives.
· Other duties as assigned when not required in the control room.
Minimum High School Diploma, preferably with a technically-oriented curriculum. Associates or Bachelors Degree in technical field is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in the cement or other process industry. Prefer at least one year of supervisory or control room experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be able to work as part of a team to ensure continuous improvement in their functional area as well as the overall plant operations.
Demonstrated leadership skills via personal standards of conduct, work ethics, ability to delegate, etc.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Previous experience using Microsoft Office.
Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities.
Must be able to work shift work, callouts, scheduled and unscheduled overtime, weekend and holiday work.