The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for pro-active selling to specific customer segments, administration of key sales systems and processes and providing sales support to the Territory Managers (TMs) in the Market Area. This role will also provide back-up services for the After Sales Support Representative when necessary.
The ISR works closely with his/her fellow TMs, Market Analyst, Plant Managers, Materials Performance (Quality), Dispatch/Order Takers and Credit & Collections personnel. ISRs coordinate closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and market coordination.
1. Pro-Active Selling: ISR will have accountability for defined customer segments with detailed budgets and objectives. He/she will sell to existing customers and develop new customers. He/she will understand customers’ product and business requirements and translate the current and unmet needs of customers into sales opportunities.
2. Sales Administration: The ISR will be responsible for the following:
Small project quotation,
Systematic pricing (Quote/QV set-up, price lists / item pricing),
Ticket editing and error resolution prior to invoicing,
Customer communications (annual price letters, new customer welcome, holiday greetings, hours of operation),
General inquiries (ie. products, sources, pricing, end-use/application assistance),
· Employee Sales
· Procurement of Tax exempt certificates
3. TM Support: The ISR will work closely with the TMs by assisting with the following:
· Customer inquiries and complaint resolution,
· Quote entry and transmission to customers (not all quotes, on an exception basis only),
· Pro-Active selling to specific customer segments,
· Credit & collections coordination/support where applicable,
· Review of sales transactions for accuracy and error resolution (not all errors, on an exception basis only)
4. ASR Back-Up: The ISR will provide back-up to the ASR when necessary. The ASR duties consist of responding to customer billing inquiries, account reconciliations, resolving unapplied payments, issuing credit and re-bills and storage and maintenance of tax exemptions certificates.
5. Safety: Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
1. Research, prepare and maintain market research databases using Excel
2. Communicate with customers and identifies their specific requirements.
3. Actively make sales calls by phone and in person to existing and potential customers and respond to customer inquires in a timely manner
4. Coordinate projects to ensure customer requirements are met.
5. Communicate customer requirement to sales and operations personnel.
6. Prepare quotes for product line by fax, verbal or email means
7. Provide administrative support to sales force
8. Collect outstanding receivables for customer accounts
9. Provide leadership to department employees in computer operations
10. Take orders (sales) and direct information to operations to ensure prompt delivery of product to customers
11. Prepare data needed in sales budgets, sales reports and market analysis
12. Produce timely and accurate day-to-day reports.
13. Prepare and submit invoices for products; provide support as required for accounting staff.
14. Assist Sales and Marketing Manager at promotional events.
15. Handle other duties as assigned.
Relationships with Others Jobs: The ISR will work closely with After Sales Support, Order Taking/Dispatch, Transportation Coordinator, Marketing Analyst, TMs, Plant Managers, Materials Performance Manager, and Credit & Collections personnel.
§ SOINQ, INV_INQ, PROJINQ, CUSTREQ, ITMPRICREV, PROJENTRY, SOENTRY
Education and Work Experience
· A minimum of 2 years post secondary education, preferably a Bachelors degree with relevant work experience, and
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction materials or a related industry.
Knowledge and Skills
· Work effectively as a member of a team,
· Applies a positive & optimistic attitude,
· Work well under pressure,
· Detail-oriented, thorough, and accurate,
· Communicate effectively.
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
· Problem Solving
· Timely Decision Making
· Action Oriented
· Customer Focus
· Time Management
· Written Communications