While based in our Des Moines office, provide Human Resources and Safety assistance to multiple aggregate plant operations located in Central and Eastern Iowa. Ensure procedures, practices and programs are consistent with established Division and Corporate policy. Implement, monitor and maintain safety, health and human resource programs and facilitate corrective measures as necessary. Provide guidance and assistance to ensure compliance with state and federal employee relations and safety regulations. Manage all aspects of Safety: develop annual safety plans and monitor performance; manage worker's compensation claims and case management; facilitate and participate in all safety meetings, safety audits and plant observations; actively support the safety committees; ensure all accidents and incidents are properly investigated; and liaison with the appropriate regulatory agencies. Manage all aspects of Human Resources: maintain liaison role with employees and local unions (where applicable); perform investigations of safety and employee concerns; represent employee concerns to management; counsel, coach and guide employees and supervisors; responsible for the recruitment and on-boarding of new employees; and maintain Affirmative Action compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Employee Relations, Safety Management or equivalent experience
- 2+ years HR/Safety experience required, preferably in aggregate production or construction
- Strong background in State and Federal regulatory compliance, which includes MSHA
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and employee relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook