Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Plant Foreman for our Whitney location in Pennsylvania.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the world's largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry. We produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials and a range of building products including concrete pipes, concrete pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, which employs 53,000 people across five continents and has leading positions in concrete and heavy building products and is the global leader in aggregates.
This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations associated with the processing plant at this 1.2M ton per year crushed stone operation.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Supervise and direct the workforce of approximately 10 hourly employees in the processing plant area of the operation.
• Ensure proper and efficient operation of processing equipment and plant activities.
• Pursue excellent safety performance by driving Lehigh Hanson’s safety program with the employees and ensuring compliance with all agency regulations.
• Manage a maintenance program for the processing equipment as required to ensure high equipment availability at the lowest possible cost.
• Complete operational summaries and reports as needed.
• Continuously pursue ways to increase efficiencies and reduce production costs.
• Use equipment manuals and parts diagrams in order to procure parts and supplies as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrated basic math skills
• Strong communication skills to interact with contractors and plant personnel
• Strong knowledge of plant operations, processing equipment, maintenance and fabrication, quality control and MSHA regulations
• Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred
• General knowledge of the aggregates business
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Lehigh Hanson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity (M/F/D/V) and a Drug Free Workplace.
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
No Search Firms please.
APPLY AT: LEHIGHHANSON.COM/CAREERS