This role strives for Lafarge’s customer orientation vision: “Easy and Hassle Free”. The Customer Service & Logistics Manager (CSM) is responsible for the sales support and transportation needs of a market area. This individual ensures effective inside sales, dispatch, and sales administration are performed. The CSM also has direct and/or indirect over-site over the Weighmasters (scale personnel) to ensure related processes and systems are executed in a manner consistent with best practices. He/she will make certain that relationships and processes around freight/transportation are effectively utilized and maintained; balancing lowest cost against service and availability. The CSM is the key process owner for sales and sales support activities and makes certain that invoices are generated “right-first-time”.
The CSM works closely with T.M.s, Market Analyst, Plant Managers, Materials Performance (Quality), Customer Service Team (i.e. Inside Sales & Dispatch) and Credit & Collections personnel. CSMs coordinate closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and logistics coordination.
1. Safety: Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Lafarge operations.
2. Coordination of Customer Service & Logistics Personnel: This role will supervise and coordinate Inside Sales, Dispatch, Weighmasters (directly or indirectly), Transportation and Sales Administration personnel. The focus of this role is to provide the highest levels of customer service while optimizing available resources. The CSM coaches and motivates employees to establish an effective, enjoyable and fulfilling work environment.
3. Production Planning & Inventory Control: Prepares inventory projection analysis monthly to communicate product shortfalls and surpluses with the local management team. Incorporates production plans from Plant Managers with Sales Forecasts from Territory Managers to project out inventory balances by product, by plant, by month.
4. Sales Support: Utilizes staff to assist Territory Managers with customer communication, credit & collections, pricing implementation, order processing, pro-active order follow-up, freight and delivery needs, system support and quotation preparation. Receives customer complaints and ensures effective and timely resolution.
5. Transportation & Logistics: Ensures a system is in place to provide freight rates for zone maps, large projects, and annual supply contracts. Establish win-win relationships with haulers to provide the best transportation services at the lowest sustainable cost. Identifies opportunities to lower freight rates. Maintains or improves order entry and dispatch systems and procedures to provide on-time delivery and effective communication with customers and internal personnel.
6. Administration: The market area process owner for generating “right-first-time” invoices through effective utilization of the quotation/billing system (ERP/Q2C), utilization of various sales tools (i.e. zone maps, pricing processes) and coordination with other sales and customer service personnel. Identifies critical tasks, process gaps and training needs for the sales & customer service related systems. Ensures sales related information is stored in an effective manner.
An undergraduate degree in business or engineering, or significant industry experience.
Knowledge of construction industry is an asset, but not essential.
5+ years of relevant work experience.
Able to coordinate multiple projects
Excellent negotiation and inter-personal skills
Coaching and communication skills
Ability to work within a team environment