Supervise operational activities including pit production, quality control, plant maintenance, and mobile equipment maintenance. Responsible for training, scheduling, handling discipline, and evaluating hourly employees. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including MSHA, DOT, and EPA. Successfully implement the company's Safety and Environmental programs. Plan and coordinate the daily plant functions, by closely communicating with operations manager, asphalt laydown crew manager, and through positive communications with the customers, crew, and state inspectors. Complete required daily/monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner. Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- HS Diploma or equivalent GED; college degree or trade school in asphalt/construction management preferred
- 2-5 years minimum experience with asphalt plant production and maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and plant maintenance experience preferred
- Valid driver license
- Microsoft Office skills required