Ensure that products are in compliance with all specifications required. Assist with the implementation of best practices and techniques, in regards to quality and mix design optimization. Assist all levels of the operation in establishing and achieving quality objectives while working closely with both operations and management. Obey safety guidelines when on construction sites and Martin Marietta operations. Demonstrate a commitment to meet or exceed environmental compliance. Provide customer support in resolving quality concerns and problems in the field working with the QC Manager. Educate customers in proper construction techniques and application of products. Prepare and perform formulation tests that support the creation, development and improvement of new and existing standard, premium, performance and specialty mixes. Perform lab duties including preparing and running lab formulation trials, cylinder/beam preparation, testing and data logging. Perform and document quality control tests in accordance with established local (City and State) and national standards (ACI, ASTM). Conduct quality control tests without supervision and within the precision standards established by ASTM, ACI, and AASHTO. Maintain a log book of all testing conducted at the lab, plant and on-site. Assist in the investigation and testing of new raw material sources and products. Ensure quality materials through the active testing of raw materials. Sample raw materials for validation at the lab and conduct mix adjustments (at the plant or in the field) using admixtures as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years related experience
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1; ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician, and ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with customers
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office