Operations management position requiring a candidate possessing various levels of experience in the operation of heavy highway road construction and hot asphalt paving. Effectively lead and manage all safety efforts at the plant and job sites; oversee quality control and equipment maintenance functions. Additional responsibilities include asset protection, financial evaluation, budgeting, cost control, environmental, personnel and community relations. Ensure compliance with company mandated safety and environmental policies, programs and guidelines as well as regulatory compliance. Potentially lead a management team in addition to a group of employees and provide strong leadership, training, team building and supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor�s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering (preferably Mining or Civil) preferred
- 5+ years of asphalt and construction operations experience preferred
- Possess working knowledge and understanding of DOT and OSHA regulations and a strong personal commitment to safety
- Solid understanding of asphalt processing and equipment; experience in planning, scheduling and reading of plans
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; capable of developing and maintaining good relationships with company and regulatory agency personnel
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate; proven track record for creating employee ownership of safety, production and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience in JDE, AutoCAD and plant automation systems a plus