Responsible for coordinating, analyzing and maintaining geological data and making reserve calculations by reviewing geological information, consulting with corporate geologists, and preparing a model to calculate volumes and geologic cross-sections. Oversee the creation and development of maps and permit drawings using AutoCAD, including pit design, final reclamation design, grading as well as drainage calculations for storm water management. Manage the Conditional Use/ Special Use Permit requirements for the zoning of current operating facilities, green sites, and potential acquisitions. Prepare geological data in computer format (AutoCAD) and make recommendations for further study or action. Coordinate with operations management and engineering in team environment to develop mine plans and make recommendations. Evaluate contract drilling company proposals and monitor and manage those contractor services. Apply engineering/geological principles to the design and implementation of mine plans and exploratory drilling programs. Champion the Martin Marietta safety culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology or Mining or equivalent experience required
- Aggregates industry experience preferred
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated history and ability to effectively manage consultants
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively in both individual and group settings
- Ability to travel overnight as required