Responsible for proactive selling to specific customer segments, administering key sales systems and processes and providing sales support to the sales department. Coordinate closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and market coordination. Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas. Take sales orders and direct information to operations to ensure prompt delivery of product to customers.
Research, prepare and maintain market research databases using Excel. Coordinate projects to ensure customer requirements are met. Communicate with customers and identify their specific requirements. Actively make sales calls by phone and in person to existing and potential customers. Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. Provide administrative support to sales force. Communicate customer requirement to sales and operations personnel. Prepare quotes for product line by fax, verbal or email means. Collect outstanding receivables for customer accounts. Prepare data needed in sales budgets, sales reports and market analysis. Produce timely and accurate day-to-day reports. Prepare and submit invoices for products; provide support as required for accounting staff.
- Bachelor's degree related to the field of construction or business or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of related experience in construction industry
- Excellent customer service skills; dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Must have a general knowledge of construction and building products and a solid understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
- Strong communication skills, both one on one and in group settings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office