The ACI Foundation’s concrete research council (CRC) has selected six projects to receive grants based on their impact on industry, ACI Committee engagement and collaboration with other organisations.
CRC seeks concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures in coordination with ACI Committees where possible
The following research projects will receive funding from the ACI Foundation:
- Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) Tool: principal investigator Kathrina Simonen, Carbon Leadership Forum, University of Washington, and Phil Northcott, C-Change Labs. Endorsed by ACI Committee 130: Sustainability of Concrete.
- An Innovative Approach to Concrete Confinement Reinforcement: principal investigator Ashley Thrall, University of Notre Dame, and Yahya Kurama, University of Notre Dame. Endorsed by Joint ACI-ASCE Committee 550: Precast Concrete Structures.
- Effective Characterisations of Recycled Concrete Aggregate (RCA) for Concrete Applications: principal investigator Jiong Hu, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and Tara Cavalline, University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Endorsed by ACI Committee 555: Concrete with Recycled Materials.
- Deconstruction Monitoring of a Cast-in-Place Segmental Concrete Box Girder Bridge: principal investigator Matthew Yarnold, Texas A&M University, and John Mander, Texas A&M University. Endorsed by ACI Committee 342: Concrete Bridge Evaluation, and 343: Concrete Bridge Design.
- Structural Response and Buckling Behaviour of Slender Ultra High Performance Columns: principal investigator Mohamed Moustafa, University of Nevada, Reno. Endorsed by ACI Committee 239: Ultra-High Performance Concrete.
- Optimisation of Fibre-Reinforced Concrete Using Data Mining: principal investigator Emilio Garcia-Taengua, University of Leeds. Endorsed by ACI Committee 544: Fiber-Reinforced Concrete.
More information about each project is available at ACIFoundation.org.