The American Concrete Institute (ACI) hosted its annual chapter leadership programme to provide attendees with practical concepts and resources for improving chapter management.
Bill Rushing, ACI past president, and chair of ACI chapter activities committee welcomed representatives from chapters around the world on the 20-21 May.
The programme sessions included:
- Chapter Activities Overview – John Conn, ACI director, chapter activities
- Engaging Your Members -Tosha Holden, ACI chapter activities coordinator
- Meeting Planning: Considerations for Success – Michael Morrison, ACI manager, certification program development
- Declaring Your Business: Mission – Kimberly Kayler, president, advancing organisational excellence
- Value Proposition: It’s All About Relevance – Kimberly Kayler, president, advancing organisational excellence
- Membership & Communication Strategies – Andra Huhulea, national account executive, StarChapter
- Is that Legal? – Paul M. Collins, attorney and counselor at Law, Miller Canfield
ACI held breakout sessions that focused on student/young professionals, accounting, taxation & insurance, understanding your bylaws and project award programmes.
Ayo Love of ACI Louisiana Chapter, says: “Each of the presenters was prepared and gave valuable information and insight. There was also enough time to socialise and network with the attendees and ACI staff.”
ACI has chapters and student chapters throughout the world to provide attendees with greater technical knowledge and networking with leaders in the concrete community.
The Fall Chapter Roundtable will be held on 19 October in Cincinnati, Ohio, during the ACI Concrete Convention and Exposition.