Cemex Ventures celebrated its #CXVPitchday, a global challenge which seeks new business models that work in six priority opportunity areas at a three-day event in Monterrey Mexico.
During the event, ten winners of the Construction Startup Competition 2019 presented their solutions to a jury of experts in construction, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The winners also engaged with multidisciplinary teams from Cemex to explore possible opportunities for collaboration. They also conducted workshops with Google to optimise their search for customers and to understand how digital media helps generate value for attracting customers.
Winning start-ups offered solutions in:
- 360 Smart Connect: Intelligent traceability to increase efficiency in construction processes (France)
- Arqlite: Production of artificial gravel entirely from recycled plastics, which is three times lighter and 10 times more insulating than conventional gravel (Argentina)
- BuildStream: Real-time management of heavy equipment and logistics in complex construction projects and their supply chains (US)
- BldBox: Predictive analytics platform that takes advantage of historical project data and produces accurate estimates for new construction and development projects (US)
- Matrak: Tracking network of construction materials that digitizes the supply chain (Australia)
- Morta: Coding and automation for compliance with building regulations (UK)
- PlanRadar: SaaS solution for documentation and communication in construction and real estate projects (Austria)
- Rebartek: Automation of the prefabrication of reinforcement cages by industrial robots (Norway)
- Thunderbolt pipeline: Intelligent end-to-end platform that uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to reduce risks and allow preconstruction teams to make more competitive offers (US)
- Vero Solutions: Modular design builder that applies a disruptive and patentable technology (steel and cement) (Canada).