Hoffmann Green Cement Technologies has been granted a patent for its H-P2A (High Performance Alkaline Activation) technology in the US.
Hoffmann says H-P2A is a geopolymer technology which enables low-carbon cements to be formulated, based on the use of co-products produced by industry.
Julien Blanchard and David Hoffmann, co-founders of Hoffmann say: “The granting of this patent for our H-P2A technology in the United States is fully in line with our Research & Development strategy. We have a duty to anticipate and protect our intellectual property, both in France and globally, in order to strengthen the barriers to entry on our markets. This US patent is the recognition of the constant work undertaken by our teams and the importance we pay to Hoffmann Green’s future stages of development in the short, medium and long term. The decarbonisation of the construction sector is a global issue, and we can play an integral part in this process thanks to our innovative and disruptive technologies.”
Characteristics of H-P2A technology:
- Composition of cement produced using this technology: flash clay mixed with silicate and activators and superactivators specifically formulated by the Company,
- A tensile strength on concrete of more than 25 MPa for H-P2A cement,
- H-P2A cement is a two-component cement consisting of either an active powder and a liquid solution or a blend of two pastes mixed to obtain a fast-setting effect,
- Perfectly compatible with existing production processes,
- Intended for the formulators market for the manufacturing of 100% mineral, non-flammable and VOC (volatile organic compound)-free adhesives.