Komatsu America has unveiled a Tier 4 final emissions-certified hydraulic excavator which it says includes stroke sensing hydraulic cylinders, an IMU sensor and GNSS antennas.
This technology utilises 3D design data loaded in the control box to accurately check its position against the target to semi-automatically limit over-excavation, the company adds.
Andrew Earing, senior product manager, tracked equipment, Komatsu, says: The PC290LCi-11 is perfect for applications where the customer is looking for good stability and working range, while avoiding the transportation limits of larger-size-class excavators.”
Features that make the PC290LCi-11 a unique hydraulic excavator include:
- Intelligent Machine Control Joysticks: semi-auto/manual-mode switching and design surface offset function can be operated with switches on the control levers.
- Auto Grade Assist – as the operator moves the arm, the boom adjusts the bucket height automatically, tracing the target surface and minimising digging too deep.
- Auto Stop Control – during boom and bucket operation, the work equipment automatically stops when the bucket edge reaches the design surface, thus minimising design surface damage.
- Minimum Distance Control – the machine controls the bucket by automatically selecting the point on the bucket closest to the target surface. If the machine is not facing a sloped surface at a right angle, it will still follow the target surface and minimize digging below it.
- Facing Angle Compass – the orientation of the facing angle compass’ arrow shows the operator the facing angle, relative to target surface. This allows the bucket edge to be accurately positioned square with the target surface.
- Realistic 3D Display – the machine and design surfaces are shown in realistic 3D. The angle and magnification of the views can be changed, allowing the operator to select the optimum view, depending on work conditions.
- Control Box – the Intelligent Machine Control monitor uses a large 12.1 screen for visibility and ease of use. The simple screen layout displays the necessary information in an easily understood fashion. A touch screen icon interface, instead of a multi-step menu, simplifies operation.
Other performance features include:
- A 6.69 litre, 196 horsepower, EPA Tier 4 Final, SAA6D107E-3 engine
- Komtrax level 5 technology feeds the operator machine data, such as fuel and diesel exhaust fluid levels, Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter, regeneration status, location, cautions and maintenance alert information.