The Komatsu PC78US-10 allows operators to work with ease in confined spaces, due to the tight tail-swing radius, offset boom and contoured cab design inherited from its predecessor.
Komatsu America’s PC78US-10 hydraulic excavator, has a Tier IV Final engine that does not require a diesel particulate filter or diesel exhaust fluid.
New to the machine is an up to three percent increase in productivity and an up to five percent drop in fuel usage with no loss of performance, according to the manufacturer.
“This is the ideal machine for anyone working on urban, utility contracting or homebuilding worksites,” said Rob Orlowski, Komatsu America product manager.
“Between the extra horsepower and the generous use of boom-area castings, operators should feel confident clearing rocks, tree stumps and similar kinds of debris.”
New cab design features that come standard include:
- ROPS certified cab design with a reinforced cab framework
- New high-resolution LCD screen with ecology-guidance data to assist the operator
- Rearview monitoring system with camera
- New auxiliary jack for digital devices and two 12-volt outlets
- New secondary engine shutdown switch
- New, in-cab-monitor control of up to 10 attachments