Komatsu America’s new D39EX/PX-24 crawler dozer has a distinctive super-slant-nose design and change-on-the-fly work modes that match power to work conditions.
“I’d say to anyone looking for a nimble, powerful machine that’s easy to transport and a breeze to operate, this is the dozer for you,” said Jonathan Tolomeo, Komatsu product manager.
“Residential and commercial development, highways, golf courses – the D39EX/PX-24 gets it done on any of these light-to-medium dozing and fine grading applications and more,” Tolomeo said.
Under The Hood
- A 3.26 L, 105 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA4D95E-7 engine offers the same power, while increasing fuel efficiency with the addition of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
- A new water cooled, Variable Flow Turbocharger, provides added durability and excellent engine response
- The Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst provides 98% passive regeneration and does not interfere with machine operation
- New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes that help reduce idle time and save fuel.
Machine Performance Enhancements
- New standard, operator-selectable, automatic reverse grading mode enables automatic blade control, per customer feedback
- New Triple Labyrinth final drive and cover design provide improved protection from mud and debris
Other features include a choice between quick-shift, three-speed mode and a variable, 20-speed customizable transmission mode to suit personal preferences as well as proprietary engine and hydrostatic transmission technology that improves machine efficiency and cuts fuel consumption.
The Level 5 Komtrax telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including DEF consumption, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts. The new Operator ID also makes it possible to view Komtrax data by job, application or operator.