- Actronic is a wholly New Zealand-owned, private company.
- Actronic, which has its North American headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, also has offices in Australia, China, Europe. The company’s global headquarters are in Auckland, New Zealand.
- The company was founded by Doug Rankin and Bob Allison in 1979. They created the first precision dynamic weighing system in the world and a very sophisticated version of that product (LOADRITE®) remains at the core of Actronic’s business today.
- Actronic’s revenues have doubled in the last five years, to achieve an annual turnover of $20 million, with 95% of revenues coming from exports to around 40 countries.
- Actronic’s LOADRITE® products are value-adding weighing systems and software for bulk handling equipment such as wheel loaders, excavators and conveyor belts. Actronic’s productivity solutions are incorporated into these machines to assist operators of mines, quarries and construction, ports/railways and waste management facilities to load materials as efficiently as possible.
- These complex applied technology solutions have to perform to high standards of precision, usability and durability in some of the world’s most rugged environments. These products are considered market leaders internationally. A mark of the quality and market recognition of their LOADRITE® product, for example, is that for the last couple of years all new John Deere construction machinery in North America has been shipped ‘LOADRITE®Ready’ (pre-wired for easy installation of the systems), and new models have LOADRITE® software integrated with their systems.
- From its very strong position in North America, New Zealand and Australia, Actronic is now looking to grow in emerging markets such as China and India.