A new report on global aggregates market valued the market at $106.4bn in 2013.
Asia-Pacific was the largest regional market, accounting for 44.9% of the global market in 2013, says a new report from Market Research Reports, “The Global Construction Aggregates Market – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018”.
Europe and North America are the second largest sectors with respective shares of 26.3% and 20.3%.
Developing Asia-Pacific economies such as China, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia are expected to support the market’s expansion due to demand for infrastructure, residential, commercial and industrial construction in these locations.
The market shares in Europe, North America and Latin America are expected to reach 25.5%, 18.3% and 5.3% respectively in 2018, down from 2013, while Asia-Pacific’s and the Middle East’s shares are forecast to increase to 48.0% and 3.0% respectively.
The Global Construction Aggregates Market – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 report provides detailed market analysis, information, trends, issues and insights into the global construction aggregates market, including:
- The Asia-Pacific construction aggregates market grew at a review-period CAGR of 16.46%, outperforming all other regional markets. China held the largest share of the Asia-Pacific market with a 70.1% share in 2013, followed by Japan, Indonesia, India and South Korea with 8.9%, 6.9%, 5.3% and 3.9% respectively.
- In the European construction aggregates market, France accounted for the largest market share with 17.9%, followed by Russia, Germany, the UK, Italy and Spain with 16.1%, 13.0%, 10.4%, 9.5% and 6.3% respectively. The majority of Europe’s demand for construction aggregates will be driven by construction in Russia, which is expected to record investment in all construction markets as the country is hosting the 2018 Fifa World Cup.
- The US was the largest market with a 92.7% share in the North American construction aggregates market, while Canada accounted for the remainder. Demand for construction aggregates declined as a result of the housing crisis and recession, causing the market to record a review-period CAGR of 1.84%.
- In the Latin American construction aggregates market, Mexico accounted for the largest share with 44.3%, followed by Brazil, Argentina and Colombia with 38.1%, 15.4% and 2.1% respectively. Brazil is expected to be a key source of demand for construction aggregates in Latin America over the forecast period, as the country is hosting the 2016 Olympic Games.
- The Middle Eastern construction aggregates market was the smallest regional market in 2013, accounting for 2.9% of the global market. The UAE was the largest market in the region, accounting for a 41.6% share, followed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain with 41.1%, 14.8% and 2.5% respectively.