The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is to host a webinar on Examiner, a software tool which helps miners identify hazards, on 20 March.
During this webinar, NIOSH researchers will demonstrate Examiner’s features and offer tips and best practices for creating site-specific scenes.
Examiner gives workers the opportunity to practice searching for hazards in virtual environments and provides health and safety professionals to debrief hazard recognition performance with workers.
The free software is equipped with 31 scenes that health and safety professionals can use to create training scenarios. The scenes are of four locations at a surface stone operation (the pit, plant, shop, and roadways) and include over 100 hazards. In addition, Examiner allows users to create site-specific materials by importing panoramic pictures from their own sites into the software.
Attendees will receive:
- A link to download the free Examiner software
- A quickstart guide and help documentation
- Short videos demonstrating how to use key features of the software
- Tips to use when designing site-specific materials.
- Considerations for panoramic picture taking.
- Suggestions for how to incorporate Examiner into current workplace examination practices