MNN has issued a serious alert following an accident involving a ladder.
A miner climbed a portable ladder to access the crusher pier to inspect the crusher jaw bolts. When returning to the ladder, the miner slipped and fell 8.5 feet to the ground. The miner suffered serious injuries.
- Install handrails and toeboards around elevated areas that are accessed regularly
- Install fixed ladders to elevated areas that are accessed regularly
- Wear slip-resistant boots with good traction
- Maintain 3 points of contact when climbing ladders
- Use fall protection where there is a danger of falling
This alert can be posted on bulletin boards, used in safety talks, or given to miners and contractors as a hand out.