The Texas Aggregates & Concrete Association (TACA) has launched the WeRTexas campaign to build awareness of the aggregates, concrete, cement and other associated industries.
TACA provided the following numbers which it says is necessary for Texas to satisfy its growth in the next ten years.
- 15-50 million more tonnes of aggregate.
- 3-10 million more yards of ready-mix concrete.
- 1-3 million more tonnes of cement.
David Perkins, TACA president and CEO, says: “Few people realize how much material is required to build the things they take for granted every day as they go about their busy lives. We launched the WeRTexas campaign so that Texas lawmakers, residents and businesses are aware of how important these industries are to the quality of our lives, how the materials are produced and that TACA member companies are the ones who deliver these essentials to the community – every day, safely and reliably.”
The association provided more numbers which Texas will need by 2050.
- 124-179 million more tonnes of aggregate.
- 25-36 million more yards of ready-mix concrete.
- 5-11 million more tons of cement.
These materials build homes, hospitals, schools, highways, businesses and other critical infrastructure, TACA adds.
- A residential home takes 100 yards of concrete.
- A mile of six-lane highway 15,000 yards.
- A hospital 30,000 yards.
- A high school football stadium 100,000 yards.