Pressure pumping market:
According to Market Research Future (MRFR), the global pressure pumping market size is expected to reach USD 78.17 billion, with an estimated 9.57% CAGR from 2022 to 2030 (forecast period). The report assesses the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global pressure pumping market and presents a reliable estimation of the anticipated fluctuations in demand over the forecast period.
Pressure pumping is a process of fracture propagation through several layers of rock using pressurized fracturing fluid and pumping cement into the wellbore to complete it. This method is typically used to extract resources from low permeability reservoirs like shale gas and unconventional liquids, which are difficult to recover by regular drilling procedures. Furthermore, the depleting state of conventional resources has led the global oil & gas industry to explore and benefit from unconventional resources like shale gas, tight oil & gas, and coal bed methane. The extraction of unconventional resources requires specific techniques that contribute to the use of hydraulic fracturing. Hydraulic fracturing is considered a crucial technology that has made the most unconventional resources, including unconventional natural gas obtained by traditional extraction.
Request a Free Sample @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1354
The factor contributing to the global pressure pumping market’s growth include exploring unconventional resources in the oil & gas sector. Increasing exploration and procurement activities in unconventional oil and gas reserves, particularly in shale basins, is expected to increase the demand for pressure pumping as it helps in hydraulic fracturing. For example, in May 2016, Halliburton (US) signed a four-year contract with Wintershall Holding GmbH (Germany) to provide drilling-related services to the Wintershall Maria project in Norway. The increasing use of hydraulic fracturing is the key driver of the market’s growth for pressure pumping.
In addition, the global market for pressure pumping is expected to rise at a high pace during the forecast period due to rising hydraulic fracturing in the oil & gas industry and increasing energy demand. The growth of unconventional resources is being witnessed worldwide, especially in North America, where the demand for pressure pumping has grown dramatically due to the advent of shale gas and other unconventional resources.
In addition, increasing shale gas basins, increased use of unconventional sources, and waterless fracturing foams are predicted to generate growth opportunities for the global pressure pumping industry. However, strict government regulations on pressure pumping and concerns about seismic activities could constrain the growth of the global market for pressure pumping.
The global pressure pumping market has been segmented based on service type, resource type, and well type.
- Based on service type, the global pressure pumping market has been segmented into hydraulic fracturing, cementing, and others. The hydraulic fracturing segment is expected to register the highest market share in the forecast period. Hydraulic fracturing is a method of pumping fluid into a wellbore to create enough pressure to crack or fracture the rock layer. The fluid normally contains a proppant that helps keep the fractures open so that oil and gas can be produced to the well.
- Based on the resource type, the global pressure pumping market has been divided into conventional and unconventional. The unconventional segment is anticipated to lead the market for pressure pumping during the forecast period. Unconventional resources have been used worldwide, especially in North America. For example, the exploration of shale gas and other unconventional resources in North America is expected to drive the pressure pumping market over the forecast period.
- By well type, the global pressure pumping market has been divided into horizontal, vertical, and directional. The horizontal segment is projected to dominate the global pressure pumping market.
Based on the region, the global pressure pumping market has been segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, South America, Europe, and the Middle East & Africa.
North America is projected to hold the largest market share in the forecast period due to the abundance of unconventional wells and the development of alternative drilling technologies in North America. The US is predicted to dominate the North American pressure pumping market. In addition, vast hydrocarbon resources in the US Shale basins and continuous offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico region is projected to drive the pressure pumping market in the region.
- Baker Hughes
- a GE Company (US)
- Calfrac Well Services Ltd. (Canada)
- Halliburton (US)
- Key Energy Services (US)
- Schlumberger (US)
- Weatherford International Inc. (US)
- Trican (Canada)
- RPC Inc. (US)
- Sanjel Corporation (Canada)
- China Oilfield Services Ltd. (China)
- Saipem S.p.A. (Italy)
- Frac Tech Services International (US)
- Patterson-UTI Energy Inc. (US)
- National Oilwell Varco (US)
- Superior Energy Services (US).
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by Components, Application, Logistics and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
Market Research Future®
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071(US)
+44 2035 002 764(UK)