Global Supersonic Jet industry .
Supersonic Jet industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.82% between 2019 and 2035. Growth in the air passenger traffic has significantly contributed to the growth of the supersonic jet industry .
Technology advancements such as the growing use of 3D printing technology for manufacturing supersonic jets is also expected to drive the growth of the industry . For example, in June 2019, Boom Technology, Inc. (US) signed a contract with Velo3D (US), an additive manufacturing company. Under the contract, Boom Technology, Inc. aims at procuring 3D printed metal parts for its Mach-2.2 supersonic demonstrator aircraft from the latter. Furthermore, the evolution of lightweight aerodynamics and composites is also expected to drive the growth of the industry .
Moreover, the increasing investment made by prominent space agencies such as The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in the supersonic jet industry is also expected to drive the industry growth. For example, in October 2019, NASA unveiled the supersonic jet named X-59. Furthermore, increasing government initiatives in the field of supersonic jets is also expected to drive the growth of the industry . For example, in June 2019, The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) proposed new rules to re-introduce civil supersonic jets. Additionally, FAA is also collaborating with the International Civil Aviation Organization Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection to develop international standards for supersonic jets and their engines.
However, increased cost per seat, excessive noise generation, high fuel consumption, and design complexity are some of the issues that need to be addressed by the players operating in the supersonic jet industry in order to gain a competitive edge and drive the growth of the industry .
The growing need to reduce travel time is expected to drive the industry growth.
Growth Opportunities in the industry
- Large jet segment expected to witness higher growth in the industry : Large jets offer benefits such as in-flight connectivity, larger cabins, more seating capacity, and enhanced traveling experience. Therefore, the segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.
- Commercial segment expected to remain the dominating segment: The commercial segment is expected to witness higher growth during the review period. Increasing demand for technologically advanced aircraft that can cater to the growing air passenger traffic and reduce traveling time are expected to drive the growth of the segment.
- Boom Technology, Inc. (US)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (US)
- Airbus SAS (France)
- Aerion Corporation (US)
- Boeing (US)
- Spike Aerospace, Inc. (US)
- TsAGI (Russia)
Access Report Details @ https://www. industry researchfuture.com/reports/supersonic-jet- industry -8515